Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC), Vijayawada has released the revised syllabus for the APPSC Group 1 & 2 Syllabus services general recruitment process. The APPSC Group 1 & 2 Syllabus details are available on the official website of the Commission. The syllabus can be accessed from the official website, psc.ap.gov.in. The APPSC Group 1 & 2 Syllabus prelims mains have been provided on separate links on the website. APPSC Group 1 & 2 Syllabusis below here.
APPSC Group 1 Prelims Syllabus 2019:
Paper 1: General Studies:
Topics covered in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus in Telugu are as follows:
- A) History & Culture:
|1. Indus Valley Civilization: Features, Sites, Society, Cultural History, Art and Religion.
Vedic Age- Mahajanapadas, Religions-Jainism and Buddhism.
|2.The Maghadas, the Mauryan , Foreign invasions on India and their impact,
The Kushans. The Sathavahanas the Sangam Age, the Sungas, the Gupta
Empire -their Administration- Social, Religious and Economic conditions-Art,
Architecture, Literature, Science and Technology.
|3. The kanauj and their contributions, South Indian Dynasties – The Badami
Chalukayas, the Rastrakutas, the Kalyani Chalukayas, the Cholas, the
Hoyasalas, the Kakatiyas and Reddis.
|4. The Delhi Sultanate, Vijaynagar Empire and the Mughal Empire, the Bhakti
Movement and Sufism.
|5. Important Dynasties of concerned State- their rulers – Administration,
Economy, Society, Religion, Literature, Arts and Architecture.
|6. The European Trading companies in India- their struggle for supremacywith
special reference to Bengal, Madras, Mysore, Andhra and Telangana,
Governor-Generals and Viceroys added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
|7. Indian War of Independence of 1857 – Origin, Nature, causes, consequences
and significance with special reference to Concerned State, Religious and
Social Reform Movements in 19th century in India and Concerned State,
India’s Freedom Movement, Revolutionaries in India and Abroad.
|8. Mahatma Gandhi, his thoughts, Principles and Philosophy. Important
Satyagrahas, the Role of Sardar Patel in Freedom Movement and Post –
independence consolidation added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
|9. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, his life and contribution to making of Indian
Constitution, India after Independence – Reorganization of the States in
B) Constitution, Polity, Social Justice And International Relations:
|10. Indian Constitution: Evolution, features, Preamble, Fundamental Rights,
Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Amendments,
Significant Provisions and Basic Structure.
|11. Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States, Parliament and
State Legislatures: Structure, Function, Power and Privileges. Issues and
challenges pertaining to Federal Structure: Devolution of Power and
Finances up to local levels and Challenges therein.
|12. Constitutional Authorities: Powers, Functions and Responsibilities.|
|13. Panchayati Raj added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus|
|14. Public Policy and Governance.|
|15. Impact of Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization on Governance.|
|16. Statutory, Regulatory and Quasi-judicial bodies.|
|17. Rights Issues (Human rights, Women rights, SC/ST rights, Child rights)
|18. India’s Foreign Policy — International Relations — Important Institutions,
Agencies and Fora, their structure and mandate.
|19. Important Policies and Programmes of Central and State Governments|
(C) Indian And Andhra Pradesh Economy And Planning:
|20. Economic development in India since Independence- role of planning, Niti
Ayog, India’s economic problems such as poverty and unemployment,
agrarian crisis, irrigation and water, sustainable development, inflation and
balance of payments, growth with stability, growth with Social justice
|21. Centre State relations – Finance Commissions, Sharing of Resources
between Centre and States – implications of GST sharing –
Decentralization added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
|22. India’s Economic reforms –Banking, Financial, trade and social sector; New
challenges in a Globalized context – Global competition, Financial market
instabilities, FDI flows, Impact of GST on Commerce and Industry.
|23. Trends and patterns in structure of population over time – growth rate,
gender, rural-urban migration, literacy, regional – Physical Quality of Life
Index. Human Development Index, Human Poverty Gender Development
Index, National Happiness Index.
|24. Environmental degradation and challenges – Sustainable Development and
|25. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social,
Cultural, Political, and legal implications – Implications to financial resources
of state government added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
|26. Growth of post-bifurcation infrastructure development and opportunities for
investments, Cultural demographic impact – irrigation projects and their
impact on agriculture – Poverty Alleviation and Social Welfare Programmes.
|27. Employment potential in Andhra Pradesh – Skill Development Programmes –
|28. General Geography: Earth in Solar system, Motion of the Earth, Concept of
time, Season, Internal Structure of the Earth, Major landforms and their
|features. Atmosphere-structure and composition, elements and factors of
Climate, Airmasses and Fronts, atmospheric disturbances, climate change.
Oceans: Physical, chemical and biological characteristics, Hydrological
Distasters, Marine and Continental resources.
|29. Physical: World, India and concerned State : Major physical divisions,
Earthquakes, landslides, Natural drainage, climatic changes and regions,
Monsoon, Natural Vegetation, Parks and Sanctuaries, Major Soil types, Rocks
and Minerals added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
|30. Social: World, India and concerned State : distribution, density, growth, Sex-ratio,
Literacy, Occupational Structure, SC and ST Population, Rural-Urban
components, Racial, tribal, religious and linguistic groups, urbanization, migration
and metropolitan regions.
|31. Economic: World, India and concerned State: Major sectors of economy,
Agriculture, Industry and Services, their salient features. Basic Industries-Agro,
mineral, forest, fuel and manpower based Industries, Transport and Trade,
Pattern and Issues
Paper -II – General Aptitude:
General Mental Ability, Administrative And Psycological Abilities:
|1. Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.|
|2. Number Series, Coding —Decoding.|
|3. Problems related to Relations.|
|4. Shapes and their Sub-sections, Venn Diagram|
|5. Problems based on Clocks, Calendar and Age.|
|6. Number system and order of Magnitude.|
|7. Linear Equations – in one or two Variables.|
|8. Ratio, proportion and variation added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus|
|9. Average of mean, median, mode — including weighted mean.|
|10. Power and exponent, Square, Square Root, Cube Root, H.C.F. and L.C.M.|
|11. Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and loss.|
|12. Time and Work, Time and Distance, Speed and Distance.|
|13. Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes, Volume and
Surface Area of Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, cubes and Cuboids.
|14. Lines, angels and common geometrical figures — properties of
transverse of parallel lines, properties of related to measure of sides of
a triangles, Pythagoras theoreth, quadrilateral, rectangle,
parallelogram, and rhombus.
|15. Introduction to algebra — BODMAS, simplification of weird symbols added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus|
|16. Data interpretation, Data Analysis, Data sufficiency, and concepts of|
|17. Emotional Intelligence: Understanding and analyzing emotions, Dimensions
of emotional intelligence, Self-motivation, Emotional stability, Managing
relations, Integrity, Self-development, Value orientation, Commitment,
Altruistic behavior, Coping with emotions, overcoming functional fixedness.
|18. Empathy and Coping with stress: Sensitivity, Objectivity, Social inclination,
Social responsibility, Openness, Compassion, Optimism, Self awareness,
Self acceptance, Planning ability, Objectivity, Relaxation ability, Stability,
Reality orientation, Resilience.
|19. Decision Making and Problem solving: Objectivity, Divergent thinking ability,
Perception of situation, Synthetic ability, Rationality, General intelligence,
Anticipation and consequence added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
|20. Social Intelligence and Interpersonal skills: Sympathy, Tolerance, Healthy
distance, Patience, Cooperativeness, Sensitivity, Compassion, sense of
humour, Memory and Optimism, Reciprocality, Etiquette, Lack of prejudice.
|21. Critical thinking and Creative thinking: Seeing problems, Unusual uses,
Consequences test, Inquisitiveness, Persistency, Novelty, Fluency,
Flexibility, Originality, Anticipation of consequences, Analytical abilities,
Independent thinking, Un conditionality, Analysis of the situation, Evaluation
of the situation, Reaching a conclusion.
|22. Assessment of Personality: Independence, Wellbeing, Social presence, Self
control, Managerial potential, Extra version, Agreeability, trust, warmth,
assertive, Positive attitude.
(B) (i) Science And Technology:
|(B) (i) Science And Technology|
|23. Science and Technology: Nature and Scope of Science & Technology;
Relevance of Science & Technology to the day to day life; National Policy on
Science, Technology and Innovation; Institutes and Organization in India
promoting integration of Science, Technology and Innovation, their activities
and contribution; Contribution of Prominent Indian Scientists added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
|24. Information and Communication Technology (ICT): Nature and Scope of ICT;
ICT in day to day life; ICT and Industry; ICT and Governance – Various
government schemes promoting use of ICT, E-Governance programmes and
services; Netiquettes; Cyber Security Concerns – National Cyber Crime
|25. Technology in Space & Defense: Evolution of Indian Space Programme;
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) — it’s activities and
achievements; Various Satellite Programmes — Satellites for
Telecommunication, Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS),
Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) Satellites; Satellites for defence, Eduset or
Satellites for academic purposes; Defence Research and Development
Organization (DRDO)- vision, mission and activities added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
|26. Energy Requirement and Efficiency: India’s existing energy needs and deficit;
India’s Energy Resources and Dependence, Energy policy of India –
Government Policies and Programmes. Solar, Wind and Nuclear energy
|27. Environmental Science: Issues and concerns related to environment; Its
legal aspects, policies and treaties for the protection of environment at the
national and the international level; Biodiversity- its importance and
concerns; Climate Change, International Initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and
India’s commitment; Forest and Wildlife – Legal framework for Forest and
Wildlife Conservation in India; Environmental Hazards, pollution, carbon
emission, Global warming. National Action plans on Climate Change and
Disaster management. Biotechnology and Nanotechnology; Nature, Scope
and application, Ethical, Social, and Legal issues, Government Policies.
Genetic Engineering; Issues related to it and its impact on human life.
Health & Environment added in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
|B (ii) – Current Events Of Regional, National And International Importance.|
APPSC Group 1 Prelims Exam Pattern 2019:
Time duration of each paper is of 120 Minutes.
|Paper||Subject||Topics||Distribution of marks||No.of Questions|
|Paper-I||General Studies||(A) History & Culture
(B) Constitution, Polity, Social Justice And International Relations
(C) Indian And Andhra Pradesh Economy And Planning
|Paper -II||General Aptitude||A)General Mental Ability , Administrative And Psycological Abilities
B) (i) Science And Technology
B (ii) – Current Events Of Regional, National And International Importance.
APPSC Group 1 Mains Syllabus 2019:
- Reading Comprehension
- Functional Grammar
- Vocabulary Usage
Paper I – General Essay:
Topics covered in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus are as follows:
|SECTION-I – Crisis Management, Social, Economic and Health Problems, Analysis and solutions, Conflict Resolution, Decision Making, Ecological intelligence.|
|SECTION-II –Current events, policies, schemes and programs of National and International importance.|
|SECTION-III –Current events, policies, schemes, and programs of the State of Andhra Pradesh|
History & Cultural Heritage of India – Section I:
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Pallavas of Kanchi, Chalukyas of Badami and Cholas of Tanjore.
- Socio-Religious Reform Movements
- Indian Nationalism.
Social-Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh – Section II:
- Ancient Andhra
- Medieval Andhra
- Modern Andhra
- Nationalist Movement in Andhra and Role of Andhra Leaders
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal implications/problems
Overview of the Indian Constitution – Section III:
- Topics covered in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus are as follows:
- The Indian Constitution
- Structure and functions of Union Government
- Centre- State relations between the Indian Union and States
- Amendment Process to the Constitution
- Party Systems
- Social Movements and Welfare Mechanisms
|Planning in India and Indian Economy – Section I
National income and other macroeconomic aggregates in India.
Indian Economic Planning.
Poverty and Unemployment in India.
India’s Economic Problems
|Land Reforms & Social Changes in Andhra Pradesh After Independence – Section II
The Genesis of Land Reforms.
The Structure of the Andhra Pradesh Economy.
Demographic Features and Social Backwardness.
State Finances and Budgetary Policies.
Five Year Plans of Andhra Pradesh
|Andhra Pradesh Economy, Present Status its Strengths and Weakness – Section III
Growth and structure of industries in Andhra Pradesh
Agricultural growth in Andhra Pradesh.
Regional disparities in income, industrial output, irrigation, health and education in Andhra Pradesh.
Agricultural credit in Andhra Pradesh
Mission oriented Development Strategy
Role and Impact of Science And Technology in the Development of India – Section I:
- Topics covered in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus are as follows:
- Science and Technology
- Nation Policies of Science and Technology
- Space Programme in India, its Applications with Reference to industrial, Agricultural and other rural development activities
- Energy Resources
- Current Science & Technology Developments in India
Biological Resources, Human Welfare And Modern Trends in Life Science – Section II:
- Biological Resources
- Plants and Animal Resources
- Human diseases-microbial infections
- Introduction to Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Ecology, Natural Resources, And Environmental Issues – Section III:
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Natural Resources
- Environmental pollution and Solid waste management
- Global Environmental issues and role of information Technology
- Environmental legislation
- Topics covered in APPSC Group 1 Syllabus are as follows:
- Data Appreciation and Interpretation
- Data Presented in the Tabular Form in Graphical etc.
- Logical Reasoning
- Time and Work
- Speed -Time – Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Logical reasoning problems like Calendar and Clock Problems, Blood Relationship, Seating arrangement etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Number system
- Number Sequences
- Permutations and Combinations
- Series, Averages
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit, loss and discount problems etc.,
- Coding and Decoding problems: coding using Ciphers and non-ciphers.
- Problem Solving using Venn Diagrams
- Passage Analysis
APPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Pattern 2019:
|Conventional Type(English)||Essay||20||150 Minutes|
|Press Release/ Appeal||10|
|Writing On Visual Information||15|
|Formal Speech (In About 150 Words)||15|
|Descriptive Type Test||Paper I||150||150 Minutes|
|Paper II||150||150 Minutes|
APPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus 2019:
Andhra Pradesh PSC Group 2 Syllabus
- Current Affairs
- Issues of National and International importance in politics
- Science, Technology, Arts, Sports, Culture and Governance.
- Constitution of India with emphasis on Federalism
- Fundamental Rights, Fundamental duties
- Union and State Governments
- Judiciary, Judicial Review
- Local Government
- Directive Principles of State Policy,
- Administration and Legislative relations between Union and State Governments
- Scheduled and Tribal Area Administration.
- Economic Development of India
- Economy in Medieval India
- pre-Independence Indian economy
- Development Plans and Economic and Industrial Policies of Independent India.
- Liberalizations, Privatization, Globalization
- Labour Policies of Union and State Governments, role of Agriculture and Green Revolution in India.
- Economic disparities between regions and population categories.
General Studies and Mental Ability
- Events of national and international importance.
- Current affairs- international, national and regional.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
- Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphases on Indian national movement
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives.
- Economic development in India since independence.
- Geography of India with focus on Andhra Pradesh.
- Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
- Data Analysis
- Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
- Geographical Features of Andhra, Its Impact on History and Culture
- The Satavahanas, Ikshvakus
- SocioEconomic and Religious Conditions
- Literature, Art and Architecture
- Various kingdoms that ruled Andhra Pradesh between 11th and 16th Centuries A.D Socio-Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhradesa between 11th to 16th Centuries
- Advent of Europeans
- Trade centres- Andhra under the Company– 1857 Revolt and its impact on Andhra
- Origin and growth of Andhra movement
- Events leading to the Formation of Andhra Pradesh State
- Nature of the Indian Constitution
- Structure and functions of Indian Government
- Planning in Indian Economy and present states
- objectives and outlays of Five Year Plans
- alternative strategies
- Goals and Achievements
- Indian Economic Policies
- Agricultural policies
- Industrial policies since 1956
- IT industries
- Monetary policy of RBI
- Availability of Natural resources and Development
- Population- size
- composition and growth–Trends
- Money, Banking and Public Finance
- Meaning and Measurements of Growth
- Distinction between growth and development
- National Income
- Economy of Andhra Pradesh
APPSC Group 1 & 2 Syllabuss
Click on the links given here to check APPSC Group 1 recruitment syllabus:
Click on the links given here to check APPSC Group 2 recruitment syllabus: