The UP PCS Pre-Examination will be held on the new date. The question paper of the provincial civil service examination will be based on the UP PCS notified by the UPPSC.
UP PCS Pre Syllabus 2019
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has issued notification for Provincial Civil Services (PCS) Examination 2018. Candidates are participate in this recruitment required UP PCS Pre Syllabus 2018. The official notification of contains the syllabus for each subject which will be asked in the exam. The syllabus is the most important thing for the purpose of the preparing exam. There are many candidates can’t will know the question paper is coming in the exam. So, the candidates can check the syllabus before the exam. All the details of UP PCS syllabus are given below.
Pre Exam Syllabus
PAPER – I General Studies-I (200 marks); Duration: Two hours
- Current event of National and International Importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
PAPER- II General Studies-II (200 marks); Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English up to Class X level.
- General Hindi up to Class X level.
Current events of national and international importance: On Current Events of National and International importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
History of India and Indian National Movement: In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Indian and world Geography: Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World:- In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance: Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc. In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development: Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc. The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanization. General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization. Awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science: Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline. Note:- Candidate are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UP TO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integrs and their interrelationship.
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound interests
- Work and Time
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
- Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operation (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
- Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
- Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
- Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, comulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(2) Active Voice and Passive Voice.
(3) Parts of Speech.
(4) Transformation of Sentences.
(5) Direct and Indirect Speech.
(6) Punctuation and Spellings.
(7) Words Meanings.
(8) Vocabulary & usage.
(9) Idioms and Phrases.
(10) Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
(1) हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
(2) शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
(4) संधि, समास,
(6) अनेकार्थी शब्द,
(7) विलोम शब्द,
(8) पर्यायवाची शब्द,
(9) मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
(10) तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
(13) हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
(14) उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
Mains Exam Syllabus
GENERAL STUDIES, PAPER- I
- History of India-Ancient, Mediaeval, Modern
- Indian National Movement and Indian Culture
- Population, Environment and Urbanization in Indian Context
- World Geography, Geography of India and its natural resources
- Current events of national and international importance
- Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce
- Specific knowledge of U.P. regarding education, culture Agriculture, Trade Commerce, The methods of living and Social
History of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth
century and would also include questions on Gandhi, Tagore and Nehru. The part on current events of national and
international importance will include questions also on sports and games.
GENERAL STUDIES, PAPER – II
- Indian Polity
2. Indian Economy
3. General Science (Role of Science and technology in the development of India including science in everyday life)
- General Mental Ability
5. Statistical Analysis, Graphs and Diagrams.
The part relating to the Indian polity will include questions on the political system in India and Indian constitution. The Indian economy will cover broad features of economic policy in India. The part relating to role and impact of science and technology in the development of India, questions will be asked to test the Candidates awareness in this field Emphasis will be on the applied aspects. The part relating to statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercise to test the candidates ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical graphical or diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies limitation or inconsistencies there in.
There will be three sections in the question paper of Essay. Candidates will have to select one topic from each section and they are required to write essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of essay will be based on following sphere:
Section A: (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
Section B: (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
Section C: (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc.
(3) National Development programme and projects.
- Question answer from Unseen passage
- Government and Semi-government letter, telegram, official orders, notification, circular writing
- Knowledge of words and uses.
- Uses of Prefix and Suffix
- One word substitution
- Spelling and Sentence correction
- Idioms and Phrases
Pre Exam Pattern
- The Written test will be multiple choice objective type
- The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers.
- The papers shall be of 200 marks each and of two hours duration.
- Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choices in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively
Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
Mains Exam Pattern
Written Exam will be Subjective (Conventional) as well as objective Type.
|1.||General Hindi||150||03:00 hours|
|3.||General Studies-I||200||02:00 hours|
|4.||General Studies-II||200||02:00 hours|
|5.||General Studies-III||200||02:00 hours|
|6.||General Studies-IV||200||02:00 hours|
Optional Subjects (any One):- Question Papers will be of 03:00 hours.
Note: A candidate will not be allowed to offer more than one subject from the Below Subjects. There
Will be Only 01 Optional Subject
1. Social Work
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
1. Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Agriculture Engineering
1. English Literature
- Hindi Literature
- Urdu Literature
- Arabic Literature
- Persian Literature
- Sanskrit Literature
1. Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Public Administration
|UP PCS Pre Syllabus||Available Here|
|UPPSC PCS Admit Card 2019||Click Here|
|Download official notification||English||Hindi|
|Official Website||Click Here|